Alfrex Solid, together with their distributor CSP Architectural have developed a recycling program, Alu-Cycle for combustible external cladding, solving the disposal concerns of PE (Polyethylene) ACM from high-risk non-compliant buildings throughout Australia. As part of the nationwide re-cladding initiative, Alu-Cycle Program will entitle both, the supply premium non-combustible façade solutions as well responsibly process ACP waste from building rectification projects.
Dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of construction, CSP Architectural and Alfrex Solid will consult with builders, councils and property owners to facilitate a comprehensive solution to this pressing issue.
Aluminium and the “Circular Economy”
Aluminium is the most abundant metal on earth and has a life cycle that few other metals can match. It is corrosion resistant and can be recycled continuously, reshaped and re-purposed to meet the needs and challenges of different times and products. Aluminium doesn’t deteriorate from recyclAlu-Cycleing and about 75% of all aluminium ever produced is still in use diverting away from landfill.
Alu-Cycle Recycling Operation
- Collection of PE ACM from the re-cladding project.
- PE ACM is then transported from the site to a recycling centre in Sydney.
- The ACM is then separated into its two major components, 0.5mm aluminium and PE composite core.0
- At a rate of almost 90% aluminium recovery the aluminium will be melted down to produce secondary aluminium material.
- Composite core material will be transferred to recycling facilities to manufacture secondary products
Integral to Alu-Cycle’s circular economy initiative is the supply of a non-combustible and highly recyclable façade solution, Alfrex Solid.
Alfrex Solid is a Fluoropolymer paint pre-finished Solid Aluminimun panel, manufactured by high quality coil coating (roll-to-roll) continuous method, exclusively at a state-of-the-art facility in South Korea. Our 3003 Series H14 solid aluminium cladding product is certified AS-1530.1 non-combustible, deemed Building Code Australia (BCA) compliant and CODEMARKED can be used for both new buildings and re-cladding applications.